Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I've been reading...

 ... this little book. As I've stated a number of times here, I don't believe in coincidences. Meaning, I believe everything happens for a reason. When I go to the bookstore, I let the right book call on me. This one did precisely that. In short, I recommend the book as it's written friendly, it's not theorizing, it's simple and meaningful. Here is what I got today from it:

"Unless you first commit to her,
you will not see her beauty.
Unless you first commit to him,
he cannot be the One."

In the last chapter I also found a challenging concept... "You are gift-wrapped". I chewed on it for a couple of days as I'm one of those who have been taught being a gift is like selling oneself. Extremely stupid, of course, one of those old "pieces of wisdom" I wish I had never heard, yet deeply rooted in my mind. I realize now when I give away gifts, I never sell them. I may have spent a fortune or a loonie on them but I have thought of the person, I have invested my emotion in the piece, I've co-created it with his maker once again, especially for the person to receive it. Therefore, I suggest you unwrap today and give yourself away. :) No worries, no fear, the worst possible scenario is to be a gift returned. But accepting the thought you are unique comes with the realization that, like most unique things, you cannot be liked by everyone. There is no point to be sad. It's only a question of time or timing to meet the expert in uniqueness. :))

Here is a song that complements my mood today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRgFeZa_I48 What can I say? Use somebody to be your gift receiver... Or use yourself to be someone's long expected gift... Risk it, play it, enjoy it. And be sure that the one who must, will notice. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment