Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dream a little dream of me...

First of all, I dream extremely rarely. Even worse, I don't remember what I've dreamed on 97% of those rare occasions. Imagine my shock when I woke up last morning with the clear thought (and image) in my mind that I had to jump out of bed and run to my Nice office (in South France!) to deal with the numerous tasks related to being Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's PR. Private, that is. They had called me about an hour earlier (dream time) and told me I was the one and there were no others. Oh, wow. I didn't reject it.


* Photo courtesy of http://faehavenstudios.com

The day went on in an even stranger mode. I received some spam about the Oscars and suddenly realized I had somehow missed the hysteria this year and they were just around the corner - February 27. Ashamed, I googled the 2011 ceremony and dived into the latest Hollywood gossip with remarkable energy. On the second page, instead of focusing on the presenters, I stared at the last (not so new) Jude Law / Sienna Miller split. Having been there, I want to share a couple of thoughts that rushed into my mind then.

Never go back.

At least not in these cases:
- if you fear loneliness
- if you think there are no men/women left on Earth to suit your needs
- if you find yourself ugly/overweight/wrinkled, etc.
- if you are nostalgic
- if you haven't been in another relationship since you broke up
- if you think you can't fall in love anymore
- if you feel tired
- if you think you wasted your time and keep doing it
- if you're not truly, deeply in love again, don't go back.

                                                                   
                                                                                                         *Photo courtesy of www.bischoffgalleries.com

I've personally tried it twice. With different people. It didn't work. It could not work and I knew it, which is the odd part. Despite knowing it, I still gave it a second try. Once out of pure contempt and the second time in search of security... or something I thought was security, safety or whatever I had on my mind but it looked like having a home and supper with someone. The truth is that once broken, the vase will forever remain cracked no matter what kind of magic glue you generously pour on it. I know, I know, there are people who even re-marry and say they are happy together. I agree, it's possible. All is possible in this life on this planet. However, if you want it to work out, make sure that this time you love yourself first, that you like yourself, that you like other men/women, that you're not scared/desperate/lonely and that you treasure your freedom.

(What's this about the prenup? Jeez, if I had had a little brain I would have signed not one but two!)

Back to the Oscars, I keep all my fingers and toes crossed Colin Firth is going to get this golden uncle! At last! The man is an all time emanation of Mr. Darcy, for God's sake! Give him some credit! :))))

No comments:

Post a Comment