Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thinking...

*Photo courtesy of http://www.wikimedia.org/

Lately I've been thinking. Surprise, surprise! :))) But it is serious. As I wrote a while ago in my profile, it is time to re-evaluate a couple of things. I'm not that young anymore, I can't afford to just stroll around carelessly. I am a mom, I have to think of the future... Right now things are blocked. Nothing happens, nothing seems to work. I've noticed before that in times like these fate pushes me in quite unexpected directions. That's how I ended up interested in Crawley, West Sussex, England. I know, I'm in Canada... and so what? I even found a couple of companies I'd love to work for and they all have offices in or around Crawley. Why Crawley? It's close to Gatwick airport and flying to France is like going to the mall in Toronto. :)))) Crazy, no? What would life be without adventure? What will my son think of me if I can't break a wall or two? Look at this cute little town, I think we can be happy there...

*Photo courtesy of http://www.geograph.org.uk/

24-hour store! Not to be overlooked, I say.


*Photo courtesy of http://www.beerintheevening.com

Very good looking pub. Yes, I won't have time for pubs being with the little one but he will eventually grow up and it would be nice to have a spot to celebrate my 50th birthday or my retirement.







*Photo courtesy of www.yourlocalweb.co.uk

Very cool! Reminds me of Midsommer Murders! Very British, so to speak.






*Photo courtesy of http://www.yourlocalweb.co.uk/

Mysterious old shabby buildings - the dream come true of every little boy. And it's even sunny! Yuppy!



*Photo courtesy of http://assets.byteplay.com/

I am officially impressed. It costs only about a million pounds. Naturally, this would be close to the advance I'll get for my first novel, no?









OK, so now I've found the prospective employers, the spot to celebrate my retirement, my future house, and even a daycare spot from September. Kid you not. I'm always serious when I'm dreaming of a new life. All must be done properly, research is vital. There is only one problem - it seems I am not allowed to move my life, my talent, and my glorious self to Crawley, West Sussex because I have no visa. Shame on the British government, I say! Instead, I am required to

a/ torture an employer until they breathlessly agree to apply for a work permit or
b/ make another million and become "an investor". Those are always welcome everywhere.

Considering the average value of my publishing contracts, this wouldn't be a problem at all, would it? LOL

Any three-book deals around, folks? Crawley needs me and I need Crawley! :)))))

No comments:

Post a Comment