Friday, December 2, 2011

Orange and bitter chocolate

I've switched to winter mode. LOL It means I watch holiday romantic movies, eat lots of liquor bonbons and skate regularly. That's to make up for the calories intake. LOL Part of the spirit is my favorite traditional Orange and Bitter Chocolate Cake. There is something about this combination of aromas that screams "Christmas!" to me. And it's about a happy Christmas. :)
Here it is:


Products:
  100g soft butter
  130 g whole milk yogurt
  100 g sugar
  2 eggs
  300g all purpose flour
  1 tbsp. baking powder
  juice and grated rind of 1 large orange
  100 g dark chocolate chips

 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare your cake form buttering the bottom and the walls. Mix the butter and the sugar well. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing continuously. Add the yogurt, the orange juice and rind and mix again.

Sift the flour with the baking powder and add in parts to the egg mixture. Lastly, add the chocolate chips.

Pour the mixture into the form. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Check if ready with a wooden stick, which you push deep into the the center of the cake - it should come out dry.

If you want to make it look more festive, sprinkle with icing sugar or cover with a mixture of melted dark chocolate and orange peels. But I prefer it as it is - it's aromatic and sweet enough. :)

Now, next on my list - what should I watch this season... And where to go for the holidays... Hm. I'm kind of thinking of Saint Petersburg. A beauty!


*Photo courtesy of http://stpetersburg-guide.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment